ALRIGHTY!! So, in case you haven’t figured this out, I’m a woman. Hello.
I’m also a girl who has been dreaming of her wedding day since she was a little girl. I know I’m not alone in this. Pinterest was practically created so girls like me finally being able to visually/virtually place their lifelong dreams on the internet. It’s a thing.
So, today at work, it was slow and I have a head cold. This resulted in the following list, I bring you, song options for my future wedding. Maybe.
For Walking Down The Aisle:
This is a very special part of the ceremony to me. It introduces the attendees to the families and closest friends of the Bride and Groom. I want this to be FUN! I also want to keep it classic and timeless. Lucky for me, my SO and I know people who play instruments very well. I’m hoping to hire them to play instrumental versions of songs for everyone.
- My mother: TBD, I want to be able to sit down with Mama and talk about this when the time comes, she and I are very close and I want to talk to her about what she might like to walk to
- Bridal Party: Home-Phillip Phillips (acoustic), A Thousand Years – The Piano Guys
- My walk: Marry Me – Train (guitar acoustic) or Christina Perry- 1,000 years (guitar acoustic)((minus the electric guitar riff in the middle of this video))
First Dance Song Ideas
I have a running list of songs I’d love, so that the day planning for my future nuptials begin, I have a starting point.
- Hey Pretty Girl – Kip Moore
- God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
- I’ll Be – Edwin McCain
- Come Away With Me-Norah Jones
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton (Father/Daughter dance?)
- Then – Brad Paisley
Other Must Have Songs:
- Kiss From A Rose – Seal
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Treasure – Bruno Mars
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Love Shak – The B-52s
- Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
This list will be ongoing…stay tuned!!